Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tomorrow is surgery day

Well tomorrow is surgery day for Chauncy.. I am looking forward to it and not looking forward to it.. We have had a terrible time with the NSAIDS, he just does not do well on them at all and so far Anafen, metacam and previcox have caused him diarrhea and vomiting. I had to stop the previcox, the diarrhea just got too much and that is the last thing he needs after surgery. I had to increase his tramdaol dose last night and iced him up several times but he was more comfortable at least. It is easy to tell when he is in pain as he starts to lick his knee and then takes it in his mouth, and will refuse to get up and go out when I take the other dogs. He won't even move when I hold his leash up.. I hate this, hate seeing him in pain.

No comments: